THE NORTH AMERICA "9"
North America's 9 Best De-Ski-Nations
According to TravelAndLeisure.com 55 Million People take Ski Trips each year. (SERIOUSLY!) to 500+ Ski Resorts. We're NOT going to list them all for you (you're welcome), but...
We've Highlighted our "9" Favorite SKI-LIGHTS Below With Notes on What We Love About Each of Them. Looking to Take a SKI-CATION This Winter? We Are Partnered (Through Travel Leaders) With These 5 Packaging Companies to Book Their Best-Rate-Deals (Often With Exclusive Gift-Card Perks!) Click on TABS to Explore. Come Back and Book Your Trip Here.
FOR A FREE QUOTE :
AMERICA'S BEST SKI RESORTS
We DON'T ski and only marginally snowboard, but we LOVE visiting Ski Towns + Resorts for the vibe, the beauty and to WATCH others fall down (instead of us). We know what makes Ski Resorts special for US (Spas, Restaurants, Hot Tubs, Views), and what experts at sites like PowderHounds.com and ScoutSki.com claim make "standouts" to them. WE'VE done the research so YOU don't have to, and can MATCH OR BEAT 91.27% (approximately) of all Ski Vacation Packages out there. Tell us what you want + let us try. We haven't been everywhere (obviously) but will vouch for these personal favorites:
1. WHISTLER BLACKCOMB (British Columbia): STAY - Fairmont Chateau Whistler PLAY - Scandinave Spa. Snowfall: 470 Inches. 8,000 Acres. 5,500 Vertical Ft. 37 Lifts. 6 Terrain Parks. 3 HS Gondolas.
2. PARK CITY MOUNTAIN RESORT (Utah): STAY - Hotel Park City PLAY - Sundance Film Festival (January). 7,300 Acres. 300 Trails. 7 Terrain Parks. 64 Acres of Night Skiing. NOTE - Largest Ski Resort in US. Only 35 Miles from Salt Lake City Airport.
3. JACKSON HOLE MOUNTAIN RESORT (Wyoming): STAY - Hotel Terra or Four Seasons PLAY - Snowfall: 460 Inches. 133 Trails. 4,100 Vertical Feet. 14 Lifts. NOTE - Check out the Mangy Moose.
4. HEAVENLY MOUNTAIN (S. Lake Tahoe, CA): STAY - Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe PLAY - 97 Trails. 28 Chair Lifts. 4,800 Acres. 3,500 Vertical Feet. NOTE - Amazing Views!
5. BRECKENRIDGE (Colorado): STAY - Grand Timber NOTE - Can 1.6 Million Annual Visitors be Wrong?
6. VAIL MOUNTAIN (Colorado): STAY - Vail Mountain Lodge & Spa PLAY - 3,500 Vertical Ft. 31 Lifts. 193 Trails. 5,300 Acres. The Bloom Spa.
7. TELLURIDE (Colorado): STAY - The Peaks Resorts & Spa PLAY - 125 Trails + 3 Terrain Parks. 4,400 Vertical Ft. NOTE - Alpino Vino is North America's Highest Restaurant. Check out Snow Biking.
8. BIG SKY (Montana): STAY - Big EZ Lodge or The Lodge at Big Sky PLAY - 5,800 Acres. 300 Trails. 4,350 Vertical Ft. NOTE - Check out Olive's Big Sky Bistro.
9. WINTER PARK (Colorado): STAY - Lakota Townhomes NOTE - Closest Major Resort to Denver.
10. ASPEN SNOWMASS (Colorado): STAY - The Little Nell PLAY - More Than 100 Bars + Restaurants. Sky Hotel's Pool. 3,360 Acres. 4,400 Vertical Feet. 3 Terrain Parks. 675 Acres.
11. DEER VALLEY (Colorado): STAY - St. Regis or Montage PLAY - The Remede Spa. NOTE - Check out the Empire Canyon Lodge Restaurant. NOTE - This is a NO SNOWBOARDING resort.
12. MONT TREMBLANT (Quebec): STAY - Fairmont Mont Tremblant or Le Westin Resort & Spa.